Friday 10 April 2009

Bird sounds from Central America

As promised, some of the bird sounds that I have heard both in my recent trip and also from when I was in Costa Rica:

My two favourites first!

Montezuma Oropendola


Slaty-backed Nightingale Thrush (not found in Honduras)

Three-wattled bellbird (heard on Costa Rica, found only in the very southeast of Honduras on the border with Nicaragua)

And here are some of the Honduran birds that I saw:

Great-tailed Grackle

Melodious Blackbird

Black-headed Saltator

Common Bush Tanager

Great Kiskadee

Blue-crowned Motmot

Squirrel Cuckoo

Little Blue Heron

And just because I love monkeys, although I never heard them in Honduras:

Mantled howler monkeys

And HERE are the night sounds of the cloud forest in Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment